PMI’s Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)® is a valuable entry-level certification for project practitioners. Designed for those with less project experience, the CAPM® demonstrates your understanding of the fundamental knowledge, terminology and processes of effective project management.
Whether you’re new to project management, changing careers, or already serving as a subject matter expert on project teams, the CAPM can get your career on the right path or take it to the next level.
Who should apply?
If you’re a less experienced project manager looking to demonstrate your commitment to project management, improve your ability to manage larger projects and earn additional responsibility, and stand out to potential employers, the CAPM certification is right for you.
To apply for the CAPM, you need to have:
- A secondary diploma (high school or the global equivalent)AND
- At least 1,500 hours experience OR 23 hours of project management education.
If you have logged hours leading and directing projects, you may want to see if you are ready for the Project Management Professional (PMP)® credential.
How to Apply
- To apply for the CAPM, register and log in to PMI online system to get started. A printable CAPM application form is also available.
- Need more information? Get more information on the CAPM’s role and requirements. For a more detailed look, consult the CAPM handbook.
- If you’re ready to take the exam, the CAPM exam preparation can get you started.
Maintain Your CAPM
As a CAPM certification holder, you do not need to earn PDUs. Instead, you take a re-exam before the end of your five-year certification cycle.
Consult the CAPM Handbook for more information.