What is ScrumWorks?
ScrumWorks is Enterprise Scrum Software for Project Management and collaboration. ScrumWorks can be used to manage small projects up to complex products and programs. User Management, Multiple Teams and Rolebased Access are important features to handle complexity. The system has a local Desktop-Client for planning and a Web-based teaminterface for distibuted aceess.
ScrumWorks features include:
- Product Backlog and Release Management
- Categorization of Backlog items using Themes
- Sprint Task Tracking for Teams
- Impediment Tracking
- User and Team Manager
- Excel Import/Export
- Web Services API
- Automated and Manual Database Backups
ScrumWorks is used by over 50 of the Fortune 100 companies.
ScrumWorks Basic Features
Product Backlog Management
ScrumWorks Basic builds the Scrum framework into product management workflow, allowing users to actively manage the product release cycle, while also monitoring sprint progress at the team level. Some of the functionality that enables product management with ScrumWorks Basic includes:
- ScrumWorks Basic’s intuitive user interface is organized in a two-column layout, in which committed work iterations (i.e. “sprints”) are clearly separated from the uncommitted Product Backlog.
- Drag-and-drop functionality allows users to easily schedule work by simply dragging items between the two columns.
- Users can define schedules or feature-driven releases of software.
- Work is easily divided into releases using the tool’s drag-and-drop interface.
- A convenient right-click menu allows users to conveniently move items long distances when prioritizing the product backlog.
- Release forecasting based on empirical progress encourages active product management.
In ScrumWorks Basic, “themes” are keyword tags that allow users to quickly and conveniently organize and categorize the product backlog. Unlike a folder system, themes can be applied to as many items as desired. Using themes, users can:
- Flexibly categorize prioritized work.
- Apply multiple themes to a single item.
- Filter and highlight themed items in the Product Backlog.
- Utilize themes (or sets of themes) to generate custom reports.
Scrum is unique in its use of empirical data to forecast release dates and ScrumWorks Basic contains reporting capabilities that are reality-based and Scrum-specific. The tool tracks such metrics as velocity, the rate at which the software is completed, and the rate of requirements change. This data can then be used to generate custom reports and forecasts that are always rooted in reality, not best guesses.
- ScrumWorks Basic allows users to track the rates at which teams complete outstanding work and requirements change.
- Release schedules can then be generated based on the rates of progress and requirements change.
Web Services API
Starting with version 1.6.0, ScrumWorks offers an Application Programming Interface (API). The ScrumWorks API comes bundled with your server distribution and uses the SOAP communication protocol.
The ScrumWorks API can be used to build custom add-ons, reports, integrations with other applications, or any other application that requires access to ScrumWorks data. Take a look at the list of available API methods, and feel free to suggest new ones in our community portal.
ScrumWorks Basic edition is free for registered users. If you want to try it, please register for an account first.
Registration gets you:
- Download access to current stable version of ScrumWorks
- Download access to new versions of ScrumWorks
- Posting privileges on the ScrumWorks Support and Feature Request Community Site.