XPlanner+ is an open source (free) project planning and bug tracking tool for agile teams written on Java. Xplanner+ is based on XPlanner, and has new and improved features, such as: fancy design, email notifications for tasks, redraw charts button, drag and drop stories.
XPlanner-plus is a continuation of the development on Xplanner. The database schema of XPlanner-plus builds on the database schema of Xplanner. The development of XPlanner-plus has started on August 2009. Several changes have been made since then:
- New design
- Email notifications for tasks’ status
- Regenerate burn down charts functionality
- Xplanner is moved to maven build script instead of ant
- Updated jars dependencies
- Upgrade to support the latest versions of Java and Jakarta Tomcat.
Features of XPlanner-Plus
- – Burn down chart;
- – Regenerate Burn down chart button;
- – Online time tracking and time sheet generation;
- – Drag and Drop stories;
- – Multiple select for stories, when moving them to other iteration;
- – Virtual note cards;
- – Iteration estimate accuracy view;
- – Page showing task and story status for individual developers and customers;
- – Export to XML, MS Project, PDF…
- – Language support for English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Brazilian Portuguese, Danish, Russian, Chinese, and Japanese..
- – SOAP interfaces for advanced XPlanner integration and extension.
- – TWiki-style text formatting support with support external tool integration and extensible wiki word linking.
Future Features of XPlanner-Plus
- – Dashboard;
- – Installation for Windows;
- – Create additional fields: “Story Points”, “Business Value”, “Versions/Release planning”;
- – customizable list of values (statuses for stories, tasks);
- – Product Backlog;
- – Advanced search with Filters;
- – wiki integration;
- – set of properties, which allow to configure the behavior of XPlanner+;;
- – improve build script to support several configurations;
- – upgrade dependencies;
- – upgrade to use Hibernate annotations and migration to Hibernate 3;
Upgrade from Xplanner
Because the database schema of XPlanner-plus builds on that of Xplanner, upgrading from Xplanner to XPlanner-plus only involves deploying and configuring the XPlanner-plus WAR file on a Tomcat server and configuring XPlanner-plus to use the Xplanner MySQL Database. XPlanner-plus will automatically upgrade the Xplanner MySQL Database if necessary.
For more details please go to http://xplanner-plus.sourceforge.net